Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Baptism

The Perez Family
Meet the Perez Family!  This family was in Sean's first area and one of the first families to be baptized.  The father was already a member and Sean and his companion, Elder Hernandez, were able to teach and baptize the mother and her daughter.

"I will tell you about our baptisms! ya! finally.  So we have been teaching this family, the Perez family.  The dad is a member but the rest are not.  The dad was inactive and wanted to start going to church again and get his family baptized.  They have 3 kids but 2 of the kids aren't 8 so they can't get baptized yet. The other daughter, Cony and the mom, Marium have accepted to get baptized this Saturday! Yeah! So that is great news and I am totally excited!  I don't know if i will be baptizing them or not. It's funny because Marium doesn't really want her husband to baptize her but i don't know why exactly,  so  I might,  but either way its great!!  It was so cool actually hearing the investigators answer that question of "will you be baptized on this date?" and then  to hear them say "yes!" It's a lot different than the MTC haha.  It was a really cool experience and feeling. It really helps boost your confidence and makes you want to work even harder! I love it! I will update you next p day on how the baptism went.


We also brought Sol, our golden investigator, to church yesterday! She is totally set and ready and looks like she will get baptized on June 5th in Utah.  That is really neat for her!  She will be a great member and add a lot to the church with her spirit.  Plus she went to this meeting on Friday and 3 of the Seventies were there. They let the investigators  ask questions about the church and stuff! Cool huh! Anything they wanted to ask they could ask.  Sadly.... I wasn't there. ..yes I got sick. Fun!.... I don't know if it was something I ate because the food was fine but I felt way tired on Thursday and then my stomach just was not acting right.  So that night went to bed and threw up and ya....  anyways! Friday I could not do anything! I had no energy whatsoever! Showering was a big struggle for me! But then we got meds and now I am feeling fine! I am so happy for that too because I realized that you really don't want to be sick on your mission. It sucks! You want to go out and work but you just can't. It sucked but all is well now!"
Sean and Isis Perez



No comments:

Post a Comment