Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 6, 2011




Our Ward Mission Leader making tacos
Eating Tacos

Elder Briones

Elder Aguilar
Family,
So this 1st week  of the change has gone  alright, I guess.  We didn't have a whole lot of work most of the week. We have been searching and looking for the people and we would make appointments, but nobody would be there when we would  go by.  So it was kinda tough, and funny because I kept telling my new comp how cool this ward is and how much they help and well... he really wasn't too impressed. haha.  Finally on Saturday we went to a lot of appointments and we actually had some people at home. There was a family of 4 that we invited to church and they said "yes" and then... they actually came to the church! It was pretty cool.  I realize that the Lord never leaves us behind.  We just have to keep on working faithfully and diligently and he will send us success.  I love the Lord and all the blessings we have had in this mission. I really am growing so much and learning so much. I can't believe I did not  take the church as seriously as I should have.  I realize now, that it is the most important thing in my life.  And this mission is the best decision i have made!  Like I have said before, maybe it's not the best 2 years of my life, but it's the best 2 years FOR  my life.  Its amazing how much one can learn just from trusting and working for the Lord.

The new missionaries we got are good, but unfortunately.... every one has been getting SICK.  Man we started out with 20 missionaries and now we only have 16. Basically we don't have missionaries in 2 areas and that is really bad.  I can't believe it, but 2 elders in this zone got kidney stones. I think that is because they aren't drinking a whole lot of water. I am drinking water but I want to drink more now! haha.  And another elder got chicken pox  (i still haven't gotten that! ahhh!)  So I am trying to stay away from him haha.  (I had the vaccination right?).  It's tough now that people are sick.  That means we don't baptize as much too.  I don't remember if I told you but the last month we baptized 319 people in our mission! Thats  a record here! Usually the Vera Cruz mission beats us here in Mexico City but this time we won.  Of course it's not a competition! It's just cool to see success like that. It also means we have set a pretty high standard. So hopefully we do well this month.  
Elder Briones is really cool. He is a lot  funnier and not as serious as Aguilar. He is from Guadalajara and really is a smart kid. He went to school here at the Benemerito which is the church's high school in Mexico.  It's such a neat school and every time I hear more about it, it makes me want to study at BYU. But I am not really sure  because I still dont know what I want to do. haha You guys need to help me with that! I cant believe that there are only 8 months left in my mission. It's going by really really fast.  I know that I will miss this mission a lot. I will be very sad that last day but.... then of course, happy to see you all.  

Well.... that is it. i love you guys sooo much and I hope everything is well there.  I realize that  our family keeps growing and there are a lot more realtives that I don't know.  Man it's going to be soooo weird to come home to a whole bunch of new babies! haha. Thanks guys sooo much and I love every single one of you!

HASTA LA VISTA! 
Elder $ean Larson

Torres Mora family at the visitors center
Torres Mora family

No comments:

Post a Comment